Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gah! We got in a car accident!

So this was lovely- some idiot rear ended us in the 4Runner on Friday 7/11! We were headed to meet Brandon's dad and step-mom and then go to dinner, and this guy in a Jeep was tailgating us and driving like a maniac. I stopped at a stop sign and was going to turn left, and I started to go, but then stopped again for oncoming traffic. The Jeep moron was turning right and wasn't paying attention, and his front left bumper hit my back right bumper. Here's the damage:



Fortunately, his Jeep was worse off than my 4Runner (haha, bastard!). It really scared me though because Ava was in the car with us (and she slept right through it!), and it made me thankful that I had bugged Brandon about making sure the car seat was installed right and as tightly as possible. I've definitely improved my driving habits since she was born, and it makes me sad that stuff like this happens anyway and I can't protect her from the other idiots out there. Like Brandon said, that guy was in such a damn hurry, he ended up taking eight times as long to get where ever he was going than if he would've just slowed down a bit and paid attention.

Anyway, we called the cops, and he was cited for reckless driving. The guy looked surprised when I asked him for his insurance card- yeah, buddy, you're going to be paying for this!

No comments: